ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's volleyball team has its home opener this Wednesday night against Westminster. First-service goes up at 7 p.m.
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne has started the season off 1-2. They picked up its first win against Iowa Wesleyan this past weekend in five sets.
- Maura Rabun leads the Griffins with 34 kills and a team-high .375 hitting percentage. She also leads the SLIAC in hitting percentage.
- Kristina Eason has posted 31 kills and 24 digs. Victoria Curtice is also getting it done on both sides of the net with 23 kills and 37 digs.
- Griffins rank second in the SLIAC with 11.23 kills/set. They're also fourth in hitting percentage (.141).
- In just 13 sets, the Griffins have totaled 34 block assists.
A Look At The Blue Jays
- After dropping its opening match against Benedictine, the Westminster Blue Jays have won four straight and dropped just two sets in the process.
- Allie Kennebeck leads them offensively with 57 kills and a .092 hitting percentage.
- Teresa Becker ranks second with 53 kills and a team-high .201 hitting percentage, while Natalie Needy has 49 kills.
- Bridget Ringwald is up to 128 digs and that's fourth in the SLIAC.
- Jill Reando leads the SLIAC with 7.89 assists per set.
- Blue Jays lead the SLIAC with 12.37 kills per set and rank second in hitting percentage (.148).
- Defensively, they're fourth in digs (406) and total blocks (34).
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).