MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa.—The Fontbonne University women's volleyball team looks for its first win on the season at Iowa Wesleyan this weekend. On Saturday, the Griffins will take on Principia at 12 p.m., followed by a 2 p.m., outing against host Iowa Wesleyan.
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins dropped its season opener in straight sets against St. Louis College of Pharmacy in its last time out.
- Maura Rabun led with a team-high 10 kills, a match-high .600 hitting percentage and tied Victoria Curtice with four block assists.
- Kristina Eason added eight kills, while Karysn Kulick concluded with seven.
- Megan Schaller led with 18 assists and Sarah Borgerding compiled a team-high 13 digs.
A Look At The Principia Panthers
- The Panthers are off to a 2-1 (1-0 SLIAC) start to the 2018 season.
- The team picked up a five-set (25-11, 25-20, 20-25, 25-27, 15-9) win against Greenville this past Tuesday.
- On the year, the Panthers are hitting .111 as a team.
- Sophia Hathaway paces them offensively with 29 kills and has contributed 61 digs defensively.
- Setter Devon Marunde leads with 77 assists and Mia Gill has totaled 73 digs.
A Look At The Iowa Wesleyan Tigers
- The Tigers have dropped four of its first five matches. The team's lone win thus far came on September 1st against Knox in a straight set sweep.
- IWU has a -.053 hitting percentage offensively. Lida Landre leads the group with 44 kills and a .252 hitting percentage. She's also totaling 3.67 kills per set which is second-best in the SLIAC.
- Defensive specialist Jenna Murphy leas with 47 digs.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).