ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's volleyball team looks to start the 2018 season off with a win against St. Louis College of Pharmacy on Wednesday. First-service goes up at 7 p.m.
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins look to get back into the SLIAC Tournament for the first time since 2015 under first year head coach, Ryan LeGrand.
- Fontbonne is coming off an 11-19 (7-11 SLIAC) record in 2017.
- Kristina Eason was named to the All-Conference Third Team after posting career-high marks in kills (284), hitting percentage (.209), and digs (341).
- This season, the Griffins were picked to finish fifth in the SLIAC.
- The team returns all of its 2017 roster as they'll look to Eason, Victoria Curtice, Olivia Tallo, Emma Seiz, Megan McKenzie, Abby Grumich and the rest of the returners towards a climb up the SLIAC standings.
- The Griffins welcome in six newcomers that'll be looking to make an impact in 2018.
A Look At The St. Louis College of Pharmacy Eutectics
- The Eutectics are off to a 1-5 start in 2018 after finishing 8-17 in 2017.
- After picking up a four-set win against Kentucky Christian, the Eutectics have dropped its last three matches against IU East, IU Kokomo and Indiana Tech
- On the season, the Eutectics own a .058 hitting percentage.
- Mackenzie Wagner leads with 41 kills and a .196 hitting percentage.
- Kacie Kinnikin has handed out a team-high 91 assists, while Aubree Mann leads the group defensively with 66 digs.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).