ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team returns home on Wednesday night to take on Eureka College. Tip-off at 5:30 p.m.
Eureka (5-7; 2-4 SLIAC) at Fontbonne (5-8; 2-3 SLIAC)
When: January 9th, 2019
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins improved to 2-3 in conference play after earning a 71-55 win over Blackburn in its last time out.
- The team shot 38.1 percent from the field and forced a season-high 22 steals.
- Rylee Stafford led all scorers with 20 points on 7-of-15 shooting. It's the third time in the last four games she's recorded 20 points.
- On the season, the Griffins are scoring 69.3 points and shooting 38.4 percent from the floor.
- Stafford paces the offense with a 15.2 point per game average.
- Raven Venegas is averaging 11.1 points and connecting on 54.2 percent of her field goal attempts.
- Paige Black ranks third on the team in points per game (9.0), but leads them with 3.6 steals per contest.
A Look At The Eureka Red Devils
- After a 17-point loss to Webster, the Red Devils bounced back with a 72-46 victory over Principia on Saturday.
- The Red Devils ended the day with a 39.2 field goal percentage and were led by Samantha Sarnes' 19 points. Josie Morgan contributed 16, while Kennedy Dura and Sierrah Seals had 12 and 10 points, respectively.
- On the season, the Red Devils are scoring 70.4 points per game which ranks fourth in the SLIAC.
- They also rank fourth in 3-point percentage (32.0) and third in free throw percentage (70.3).
- Sarnes leads the offense with a 12.2 point per game average.
- Dura averages 11.6 points and drains a team-high 40.7 percent of her attempts from downtown.
- Josie Morgan (10.2 ppg) and Ashley Harfst (10.0 ppg) are the final players in double-figures.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).