ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team returns home for its first conference outing on the year against rival Webster on Wednesday. Tip-off goes up at 5:30 p.m.
Webster (2-1) vs. Fontbonne (1-2)
When: November 28th, 2018
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins hit the court for the first time in 10 days after a tough 67-42 loss against Rhodes on Nov. 18th.
- On the year, the Griffins are putting up 61.0 points, shooting 35.1 percent from the floor, and pulling down 41.3 rebounds per game which ranks fifth in the SLIAC.
- Defensively, they're second in the SLIAC averaging 11.3 steals per game.
- Individually, Raven Venegas has gotten it done thus far averaging 13.0 points, 4.7 rebounds per game, and shooting 64.3 percent from the floor.
- Riley Guffey is second on the team with a 10.0 point per game average. Paige Black and Sarah Schraut are each averaging 8.3 points per game.
A Look At The Webster Gorloks
- The Gorloks dropped its first game on the year against Augustana (63-59) this past Saturday.
- The team shot just 29.1 percent from the field and committed 28 turnovers. Addison Beussink led with 16 points.
- On the season, the Gorloks rank second in the SLIAC in field goal percentage (40.3), third in free throw percentage (71.1), first in rebounds per game (45.0), second in assists (18.0), and first in steals per game (13.7).
- Beussink and Jaysea Morgan pace the offense with its 12.7 point per game average. Beussink is also connecting on 50.0 percent of her shots from the floor.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).