FENTON, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's soccer team looks to secure a spot in the SLIAC Tournament with a win over Webster on Saturday. Kick-off at 3 p.m.
Fontbonne (8-9; 5-3 SLIAC) at Webster (13-3-1; 5-1-1 SLIAC)
When: October 27th, 2018
Where: World Wide Technology Soccer Park
Time: 3 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- After a couple tough late losses, the Griffins bounced back with a 4-1 win over MacMurray in its regular season finale at home.
- Blake Smugala scored twice, while Jared Edler and Marc Roellig each netted a goal.
- On the season, the Griffins have scored 27 goals and are led by Nick Wolf's seven.
- Blake Smugala and Andres Castro are tied with four each.
- In net, Drew Blair improved to 6-5 against MacMurray and now has 42 saves, to go along with his 1.53 goals against average.
A Look At The Webster Gorloks
- The Gorloks picked up a 2-0 win over Iowa Wesleyan on Tuesday. With the victory, the team improved to 4-1-1 in the month of October.
- On the season, the Gorloks rank third in the SLIAC with 35 goals and have allowed just seven on the defensive side.
- Individually, Aamahn Murvin leads with seven goals and four assists for 18 points.
- Juan Garcia netted six, while Isaac Pearson and Cody Ruhl have found twine four times apiece.
- In net, Matt Amick has been stout with a .931 save percentage and a .039 goals against average, to go along with his 10 victories.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).